Thursday, June 21, 2007

Monkey on My Back!

It may sound odd but I had forgotten that I had written this on my profile, when somebody quoted it it just sounded so profound to me and I wondered who it was that said it. You can not imagine my shock and surprise when I found out that it was me!

"I love mathematics and the sciences
physics
chemistry
astronomy
but my number 1 passion is expositional study of the Word of God. I am addicted,
hooked.
If God's word were a monkey it would be on my back and I would feed until it over took me!"

I did not know that I had it in me and yet this came out of me, or perhaps it came from somewhere deeper. Perhaps this is something that the Spirit of God planted in me and it is so strong that the words that I penned are the best way that I could communicate this desire, this need.

Romans 8:26 says;

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.


The New King James Version. 1982 (Rom. 8:26-27). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Beyond the statement I penned and for which this blog is named I do not think that I could communicate any stronger a expression towards knowing the true and living savior Immanuel, Jesus Christ. I am nothing and I would hope that I decrease that He might increase, that others might come to know him and bring glory to the one and only true God. I would also pray this for my brothers and sisters in Christ that they would desire to know him in a greater way, to know him in all truth that is framed by his holy scriptures, that He might be all in all and receive all of the glory. Do you have the monkey on your back?
Think about it, selah.
What say you?

Robert

Romans 12:1,2

No comments: